SkillsYou don't know pain until you worked with drupal
Joined devRant on 7/5/2018
Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Having debates on order of operations. The one that is hot again is the 6÷2(2+1).
Programming and actual order of operations says the answer is 9, but everyone argues it is 1. Well before 1970 that was the case. SMH. Despite showing them the rules and work, they still say theirs is the correct way.
With programming and Excel formulas I deal with every day I do this without even pausing.40
I generally like to separate changes into as many commits as is reasonable. That way I can go back and see how, why, when and what was changed, along with meaningful commit messages.
Git add *
Git commit -m "changed lots of stuff"
God I hate myself.3
"serverless" is a stupid name. There's always a server, just not yours. It's just as dumb as people thinking "cloud" means there's no computer. There's always a computer, just not yours.9
1) Using WordPress
2) Using WordPress
3) Using WordPress
4) Using WordPress
5) Using WordPress
6) U5ing WardPrrrs
7) U5ing WardPrars
8) U5ing WardPr3rs
9) U51ng WardPr35s
10) U҉5҉1n͢y͜ ͞W̷a͞rdPr3̷5͟5̛
11) O̧͘51͜n̨҉y ̶̀Ẁu͝rdPr͠3҉̵͠5̴͟5
12) U5͝1ny ͜Wa͠r͞dP̀r̀35҉5
13) U̕҉̷5̷͢͟͠͞1̴̵̕ǹ̨̢͟͢ỳ̨͜͡ ̕͜͢Ẁ̸̢̕à̢͜͞r̷͜͏̀͜d̨͜͏P͘͜r̛͞͠͠͏3̢̨̡̛́5̴̀5̧̕͏̶
14) U̵ͦ̇͌ͣ̓̈́̒͆̇ͨ͑͟5̴̽̾̓ͯ̔̎̓̔̀̚̕͜͜1̶̷̏͂̑͆ͪͤͥ̈́̔͛͌̅ͨ̚͜n̢ͯͫͬͩ̾̌̇̓͐̒̆͆̋͡ỳ̋̈͑̏̐͜͞ ̓̄͑ͦͬͣͬ͒̈́̍ͦ́ͭ͐̒̑͂͘W̆͋̃̓ͫ̌ͭͩ̾͊̔̋̚҉̀̕͡͠a̷̡̧ͦͦͩ́̈́̃̆̆ͨ̈̚ŗͫ͛̿͗̋̎ͮͫ͊͗ͪ̓̍ͨd̵̢ͦ̐̎̀ͮͫ͛̒̈͋ͫ͗̒̋͢͟P̷ͯͦ͒̒̌͆͡͞r̆ͭ̈́̀͂ͮ̓̂͑̆ͯ̾̀ͪ̋̄̚͟͞҉͞3̔͑̏̽̾̿͂̋̀͟͢5̴̂̈́͗̍ͩͦ̀̋̆ͣͨ̿͜͠5̸̴̶̧̏̂̽̈́̏̃ͫ̅͗̈̂̽̈ͣ̊
15) U̸̶͍̭͕̩̺͓̩̞̫̲̳̥̘̰̦̼͇ͧͫ̍̌̔̆̒ͪ͛̅͂̚̕͟5̷̹̱̜̫̞̮̲̬̲̱̻͙͊̋ͥ̊͜ͅ1͙͎̹͔̺̯̟̮̳̀͋͐̍̿̿̏͋̿̏͐̾́̓͑͋̃̈́͘͡͡͠͝n̴̆ͦ̽͡͝͝҉̫̰̗͓ỷ̴̸̦͕̻̩̖͓͚̟͆ͦ̓̍̇͊͆͊̏ͥͮ ̶̛̹͍̪̟̦͉̙͉̰͎̞̮̰̗͈̥͙ͮ̃ͧ͌ͪͥ͌ͨ̋̈́̚ͅW̩͙̮̯̪̳͖̙̘̰̍ͮͣ̋̇̒͐͋̀ͅa̶̸̷̮̜͈̟̳̺̣̪̻̼̻͍̺̹̽ͩ̿̈ͭ̈́ͩ́̅͌ͩ̈́̾̀́r̵̡͚̘̹̻̩̞ͦͨ̋ͣͣ̆͊̅̂̃̄͛̈́̒̒͒̾d̸̡͓̘̮̲̰̥̗̣̙̬̹̰ͩ́̈́ͥ̅̽ͫͯ̓͜͞P̧̹͉̬̠̻̮̫̼͉͖̯̙̞͎̲͙̖̉ͨ͐ͮ̀͞r̡̖̜̦̞̭̼͐̃ͬ̒̉̈͑͘3̷͇̖̹̱͍̯͈̣̼͔͉͉̜̣̱̉̎̈́̽ͧ̓ͥ͐͟ͅ5̮̩̗̣̣̤͇̲̟͇̒ͥ̂͗̒̆̕͜͝͞5̩̳̗̻̻̯̺̺̻̯̑͐̈ͤ̏̈́̾ͮͨ̀̃ͫ͋ͥ̾̚̕ͅ
Wordpress and CSS...
God i’m pissed at this shit!!
Don’t even get me started on responsive design
When you have to override 48297 rules just to change a fucking text color
I heard the best joke lately!
What do vegans, crossfitters and linux users have in common?
oh wait, wrong forum...6
Apple doesn't trust Google and they seem to host their YouTube ads on another server xD
They ads ain't got no YouTube ID.3
>dad nagging to learn python
>i hate python
>cuz i hate snakes
>so started learning it
>with some awesome video tutorials
>even though i like the instructor
>i find the language
>why do u use this?
>oh and you say it is easy 4 begineers
>then why does only
>del keyword gets highlighted in pycharm
>just to look cool i guess
>lua is way better
>hope lua is more used than python
>and more supported
>but i still like C#
Moral: C# rocks10
I used to do some freelancing and one of the main clients I worked with had a project they hired me for that used Drupal. I fucking hated it. I thought it was bloated (and slow as fuck), unnecessarily complex, and just all around a horror to work with.
Even though that was many years ago, from other devs I've met, it seems like Drupal never really got much better. One devops guy who worked at the previous company I was at told me about some benchmarks he had done on Drupal in his previous work. The performance results he got were an absolute joke - awful concurrent performance and just a brutally slow CMS.
Needless to say, since that freelance project, I've never used Drupal again and never will.17