Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "horse crap"
I got arrested multiple times under acts of cyber crimes...
Yeah, so what if I did? Why is it a problem that I take down CP sites? "Because it's partaking in cyber warfare." Well then the police and the Federal government should execute their job keeping such out of the web space. Now, whenever I find a job, I have to inform due to the judge's final document. And not just that now when I am required to talk to a police officer who has seen my record all they can reckon is to escalate it.
What fantastic horse crap! You get arrested for tracking down child molesters and taking them off the web exclusively...
Some say I'm a social justice warrior, only I don't think that I am. I reckon I am merely an over eccentric programmer who desires to see the real criminals get sent to jail.30
Do YOU know the meaning of MSBS? It stands for Microsoft BULLSHIT, Mary fucking mother of Christ. Visual Studio might be the only thing more UTTERLY FUCKED UP than the Win32 API itself, and have YOU ever touched that thing?! MADNESS!
First off, SURE. Go ahead, just take FUCKING HALF of my RAM. It's not like I have just 3.5 gigs to spare, you cock sucking mother fucking piece of disgusting sticky green horse SHIT. Oh, going to support pages to find an answer? FUCK YOU. This is a VITAL, yes VITAL part of the software gobblin up all your machine's resources! HAHA! YOU CANT TURN IT OFF!
But, A-HA! THEY LIED! THEY ALWAYS LIE. I went and changed the extension of all your USELESSS, incompetently written, PIECE OF SHIT sneaky background executables! TAKE THAT, YOU SON OF A BITCH! Can't launch those FIFTY fucking parallel processes now, can you?! CAN YOU?! AHAHA!!!
And what is the tradeoff? My toaster not going into cardiac arrest anytime I bring up the calculator, and in exchange I can't log in from Visual Studio to your ass-sniffing, ballsack-joggling backwater FUCKHOLE of a server anymore? Haha... FUCK YOU, BILL. I AM IN CHARGE NOW.
And the only annoyance now? Some random "FATAL" exception thrown at startup saying something's very, very wrong, but NOTHING I actually use is broken. I've forcefully disabled like 75% of the SHIT you installed under my nose when I asked ONLY for C/C++ packages, and NOTHING I use is broken!! I'm compiling libraries, a graphics engine, fucking BLENDER and NOTHING is broken!! Take a good WHIFF because this is MSBS AT ITS FINEST!
And I COULD find this funny IF it was the first time it's happened. IT'S NOT. I've lost count how many times I've outright DELETED files from a Microsoft installer that are supposedly "ESSENTIAL" according to the support boards, ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY ARE NOT, AND MY COMPUTER EVEN RUNS BETTER WITHOUT THEM HOGGING RESOURCES LIKE ITS FREE FUCKING REAL STATE YOU BUNCH OF HORSE SCREWING CORPORATE ASSFACES.
Bottom line: FUCK this CRAP. This is exactly why I don't fuck with windows updates since 2016, I know the kind of SHIT they'll pull on my system! Did YOU know? Microsoft LITERALLY and REGULARLY takes SHITS on users and calls it a FEATURE! WELL, NO MOAR, BILL. I'M MOVING TO LINUX, BITCH. SOON AS WIN7 GOES ACTUALLY OBSOLETE... WHENEVER THAT HAPPENS.
I don't even have an ending for this, so I'm off to MANUALLY editing *.vcxproj files in NOTEPAD because that's WAY BETTER than dealing with the configuration editor, which is just ANOTHER gigantically MONUMENTAL endless PILE of DIARRHEA. AAAAGHHYHHHHHHH111!!!111!!!8
For whatever ungodly reason my containers library, which has extensive testing, profiling, and benchmarks against other containers libraries receives regular emails directed towards me about it, always one of two things
1) "don't reinvent the wheel" I have to assume these people haven't looked at the performance characteristics or features at all. I didn't waste away weeks of my life. I needed something and couldn't find it anywhere. I'm outperforming many crap implementations by nearly an order of magnitude, and can offer queries upon the containers in both generalized and specialized forms. As an analogy, I made airless 3d printed wheels, and people are regularly telling me I should still be using ancient wooden spoke wheels; they probably would argue in favor of using a horse drawn carriage as well. How is it possible technically minded people can also be so anti-progress?
2) "Please rewrite this in X language." You know what? YOU rewrite it. I chose what I did because it made it easy to do what I needed to do. Hilariously, the languages I get asked to use most often, are the same who's containers libraries perform worst in the benchmarks.
Both sound like half baked developers trying to sound superior. Pull your head out of your ass and actually outperform me and others. I'm so fucking sick of this "all talk no action" bullshit.5
Freaking Magento! I've been learning how to use Magento for about the past week and i feel like i'm no closer than when i started..5
Indigogo is to retail what ICOs are to he financial industry.
- some random people think of an idea (ICO = token, IGO = magical dick cream)
- they both rely on well made but completely horse-shit marketing material
- they both spam your sites with the same repetitive ads
- they both offer discounts for getting in early (aka give us money before we have designed or built anything)
- they both make outlandish and sometimes illegal product claims (ICO = Visa is a partner, IGO = magic dick cream does magic things)
- in the end most of both options ends up giving you nothing at all and just running away with your money
- best case scenario they both deliver a product that is utterly worthless and meaningless
- everyone is hunting for that one coin or product that is a not a total scam.
I don’t hate indigogo but they certainly are shady as fuck. I’ve rolled the dice on then 4 times and got scammed on 2 of them. It’s basically a crap shoot.1
about 12 hours, from 8am - 8pm
We were working on an iOS build for a demo and were told that day was the deadline for having code merged. I got kinda shafted cos I needed someone elses code merged before I could finish mine. It got merged at like 5pm and then everyone went home leaving me with a ton of merge conflicts to deal with. I gave up at 8pm and went home. Found out the next day that the deadline was horse crap anyway....1
I effing hate Google Play & Google Play Console.
I've uploaded an app and the troubles haven't ended. It is a different error on different devices. Some of them are compile time, some of them run time, some of them just functions the way its not suppose to. And the worst part is that there is no way to track these errors. Google Play Console is utter Horse crap. People tell me that my app crashes and the console reports "nothing to show" under the crashes page.14