Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "devrant pet"
This is not just an obligatory 'stickers have arrived' post...
...this is a farm assured, oak smoked, northern tale of sticker arrival, infused with succulent, Instagram filtered, bengal pet photo...
This is not just any rant... this is an M&S devRant.7
Folks, introducing my first pet in devrant...
His name is Charlie.
Charlie, say hi to all dev ranters....10
Finally I got a dog 😄😄. Probably I will teach him some coding 😜.its 6:17 am..... I didn't woke up morning I just forgot to sleep 😪😶😑
My rant is that I low key hate devRant.
I'm 23, I'm an average software engineer, with some expertise in machine learning and with a decent job.
But seeing all your cool stories, skills and rants makes me feel like I don't know shit and everyone else is just more driven, skillful and passionate, taking care of a 1000 pet projects at a time and dominating their work routine.
Oh impostor syndrome, how I've missed you!
P.S.: I still love your rants, keep them coming.5
Hey DevRant, I'd like you to meet "Marketing Brandon", his favorite daily activities include:
- asking me when that landing page is going to be ready
- asking how to support a customer on live chat even though he chose to assign the ticket to himself in the first place
- explaining how important social media is
- telling me he's working as fast as he can on some website copy I need and then sitting and composing tweets for 40 minutes
- asking if I can "just real quickly when I get the chance" implement a huge new feature for our users
- announcing to the entire office that he "has to leave early today" because the pet store closes at 5 and his ferret ran out of food yesterday
Does your office have a Marketing Brandon or similar?3
In the world where majority of coders are either coffee addicts or cat lovers, I feel a bit lonely.
Devrant has already do a good job by let us has pets in our avatar.
However, I don't see any rabbit, guinea pig, iguana, ball python, gerbyl, hedgehog and other exotic pet around.
Some dragons, dire-wolves, or unicorns might also help to boost up the mood :)