Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "devrant pet"
I thought it would be pretty cool to start a pet-sharing post!
(My apologies if this has been done before, I just thought it would be cool to see the pets of the devRant community!)
Here are my two:48
Funnny thing happened today, my gf took my phone and started scrolling through recent apps, suddenly she sees devRant app and says, "What is this app? Is it the place your rant about me?"
All because her pet name is Dev! #DevRant15
This is not just an obligatory 'stickers have arrived' post...
...this is a farm assured, oak smoked, northern tale of sticker arrival, infused with succulent, Instagram filtered, bengal pet photo...
This is not just any rant... this is an M&S devRant.7
Folks, introducing my first pet in devrant...
His name is Charlie.
Charlie, say hi to all dev ranters....10
Finally I got a dog 😄😄. Probably I will teach him some coding 😜.its 6:17 am..... I didn't woke up morning I just forgot to sleep 😪😶😑
My rant is that I low key hate devRant.
I'm 23, I'm an average software engineer, with some expertise in machine learning and with a decent job.
But seeing all your cool stories, skills and rants makes me feel like I don't know shit and everyone else is just more driven, skillful and passionate, taking care of a 1000 pet projects at a time and dominating their work routine.
Oh impostor syndrome, how I've missed you!
P.S.: I still love your rants, keep them coming.5
Hey DevRant, I'd like you to meet "Marketing Brandon", his favorite daily activities include:
- asking me when that landing page is going to be ready
- asking how to support a customer on live chat even though he chose to assign the ticket to himself in the first place
- explaining how important social media is
- telling me he's working as fast as he can on some website copy I need and then sitting and composing tweets for 40 minutes
- asking if I can "just real quickly when I get the chance" implement a huge new feature for our users
- announcing to the entire office that he "has to leave early today" because the pet store closes at 5 and his ferret ran out of food yesterday
Does your office have a Marketing Brandon or similar?3
I updated my resume.
My new career objective is to score enough ++ so that I can afford a tiger pet on my devrant avatar!!5
In the world where majority of coders are either coffee addicts or cat lovers, I feel a bit lonely.
Devrant has already do a good job by let us has pets in our avatar.
However, I don't see any rabbit, guinea pig, iguana, ball python, gerbyl, hedgehog and other exotic pet around.
Some dragons, dire-wolves, or unicorns might also help to boost up the mood :)