Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "chemicals"
AI is this huge scam to me. People keep saying it will take over everything and replace everything: jobs, people, etc. It is so over hyped by people who don't understand how it actually works.
I will wonder if AI can take over everything when they can build an AI that can weed a garden.
- no chemicals, too much is used and poisons everything.
- the garden cannot be specifically designed to be weed by machine.
- the AI must differentiate between weeds and non-weeds.
- the robotic system employed must not destroy everything else while weeding.
- the AI should know when it finds random objects like gloves, or shorts, cigarettes, or electrical components that they need attention or actually pick them up. Yes, I have found these.
- it should be quick and energy efficient and not require an entire nuclear plant to run the AI. What is the point of AI powered by a server somewhere if it pollutes from afar rather than local.
I just don't see this happening in my lifetime.21