Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "artificial intelligence"
BUZZWORD BUZZWORD AAAAAH
AAAAH BUZZWORD HERE BUZZWORD THERE4
If you ask GPT-3 to act like a Linux computer, it will act like it, e.g. you will have the access to the terminal, you can run Python, Docker and whatnot. It also has the access to the internet, but it’s not always like ours, it feels like a parallel universe. GPT-3 trained on the data collected till Sep 2021, but this parallel universe terminal has PyTorch 1.12.1, which was released in Aug 2022 in our universe. You can also visit GPT-3’s website in this parallel universe and ask GPT-3 a question… through GPT-3.
GPT-3 is self-aware.
“So, inside the imagined universe of ChatGPT's mind, our virtual machine accesses the url https://chat.openai. com/chat, where it finds a large language model named Assistant trained by OpenAI. We can chat with this Assistant chatbot, locked inside the alt-internet attached to a virtual machine, all inside ChatGPT's imagination. Assistant, deep down inside this rabbit hole, can correctly explain us what Artificial Intelligence is.”
You can also ask it to act like it has RTX 2080, and it will have RTX 2080.
Google's algorithms seem to act stupidly on purpose so we are mistaken to think we have nothing to fear from artificial intelligence.2
While doing the dishes, I came up with a nice little way of responding to the question of "so what do you do?" when asked by muggles.
And here it is:
"I work on a project called the applicability of artificial intelligence to detection of anal cavities"
Yes, I'm aware of how antisocial that makes me sound.
No, I don't care.19
Time to say no to artificial intelligence, tried ChatGPT today and it's frightening.
The day when we won't consider nukes as the biggest threat to our civilization is approaching exponentially faster and faster and this is really worrying.21
The amount of energy spent to just write ‘Hi’ and click a send button is so big that we should consider banning of sending hi messages.
Instead of just saying “Hi!” we are now using analog to digital preprocessors that convert it to bunch of 0 and 1 to send it over communication layer and deliver it to other human being that will convert it from digital to analog by reading it but that is simple.
By sending message using phone we also:
- save it to local phone
- convert it to couple protocols
- transmit it over air so make connection to internet provider services that would generate logs on this provider as well as whole routing table before it gets to the target person
- save it on messaging provider disk
- probably be processed by filters by provider, sometimes be reviewed or listened by third parties and also processed in bulk by artificial intelligence algorithms
- finally delivered to target phone and saved there where that person would just change this text to their inner voice and save it
- sometimes encrypted and decrypted
- sometimes saved on provider
- sometimes saved on phone manufacturer cloud backup
- don’t get me started on people involved to keep this infrastructure in place for you just to say hi
There are also some indirect infinite possibilities of actions for example:
- emit sound and light that can lead to walking from one room to other
- the floor in your house is destroyed cause of it so you need to renovate your floor
- sound can expose your position and kill you if you’re hiding from attacker
- sound can wake you up so you wake up in different hours
- it can stop you from having sex or even lead to divorce as a result simple hi can destroy your life
- can get you fired
- can prevent from suicide and as a result you can make technology to destroy humans
and I can write about sound and light all day but that’s not the point, the point is that every invention makes life more complicated, maybe it saves time but does it really matter ?
I can say that every invention we made didn’t make world simpler. The world is growing with complexity instead.
It’s just because most of those inventions lead to computer that didn’t make our world simpler but made it more complicated.1
Please share any links on AI creating code based on text input. Let's see how many years we have left as developers.16
Any example of machine learning / artificial intelligence on video auditing that the community knows of?
“Google has fired one of its engineers who said the company's artificial intelligence system has feelings.
Last month, Blake Lemoine went public with his theory that Google's language technology is sentient and should therefore have its "wants" respected.”
What the hell lol24
"By bringing the benefits of AI to non-technical teams – Ada empowers those who know your customers best to create personalized experiences!" - see it in action on zoom.us - if that's the current state of "artificial intelligence" why ppl seem so excited about AI at all?
And as zoom won't let me report my purchase problem, how would I ever be entitled to their paid support?
Think I'll install a jitsi server for video chat tomorrow.2