Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Free (crowd funded?) Hosting for NGOs, individuals and projects that is promoting, building or distributing free software (FOSS/FLOSS) [more details]38
"Hey cool this very trustworthy IQ Test Game I found on the PlayStore says I have an IQ of 120"
*2 hours later*14
// devRant unofficial UWP update (v188.8.131.52)
I decided to release another "big" update before v2, with some interesting and useful features already present in the official clients and a completly new feature suggested by users present ONLY here ("hide notifs already seen").
I hope you enjoy it! 😉
- Added weekly rant banner to rants with 'wk' in tags;
- Added avatars in notif list;
- Added ability to hide notifs already seen;
- Added 'draft Rant', you can now write a Rant without posting it, it will be automatically saved and available to be posted later;
- Updated Swag Store, now always up to date;
- Updated 'Mute notifs from this rant', now except @mentions;
- Improved date format of rants;
- UI improvements;
- Minor internal changes;
2017 Recap + DEVBANNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
1. So, let's recap my 2017 first. It was awesome
Here is some list that I can remember
- finding my hobby (fsx, vatsim)
- finding computers aren't genius
- creating a new language
- major improvements in my unity skills
- found out i am friendly
- getting a job at google in a dream
- creating my banner in krita --> devbanner collab :D
- Logo creation fail
- CS class apply fail
- getting free stickers for the first time of my life
- getting death threats (lol)
- finishing my first ever big c# project
- got offensive words from a bot that i am a f***ing d***head.
- getting downvotes after creating such a shitty meme
- getting my rant featured in twitter
- finding that my friends love my game
- getting a sneak peak at the src of devrant
- coding with turbo c
- not using git cuz too lazy
- finds out msdn is god
- slowly hating unity, but likes it cuz it is using c#
- reaching level 2 in google foobar
- started 100+ projects this year and finished about 6 of them.
- devRant motivated me a lot
2. devBanner stuffs
So, how it all started is when I wanted to create my own logo. Some people will remember it. The one with arrows and cozyplales written on it. Then, I created my own banner with Krita (their text tool sucked). After that, due to some suggestions by the community, I decided to create a collab. From then, many people contributed to the devBanner project. Special thanks to @Kimmax for his awesome prototype of the frontend made during I was sleeping.
Now, before I talk more, I want to talk something. I don't post a rant about my collab cuz i want to get upvotes. I just want more people to use this simple creation software. You can literally use them anywhere, and it is FOSS.
If you want to create again, you can do so at https://devbanner.center
If you want to contribute, please do so by visiting https://github.com/devBanner
We are looking for a skilled frontend dev who can do the basic web stuffs. (we don't use frameworks currently for our frontend)
Thanks everyone for making 2017 awesome. Can't wait to welcome 2018. Happy new year everyone, and I will drop my banner here.21
Wan't your own personal devBanner?
Now you can have one!
We're building a powerful banner generator over here: https://devrant.com/collabs/...
The first version is up and running, still basic tho.
You can generate your own by calling this URL:
You'll have to replace "Kimmax" with your devrant name and the value after subtext with the extra text.
A cool domain is already on it's way!
We'll be working on a frontend and a ton of extra features to make this banner even more awesome.
If you got any nice ideas add them to the issue tracker here: https://github.com/cozyplanes/...
New Avatar item and no update? Are the items in the avatar builder fetched from the api? Would be an interesting endpoint for my api docs.
Will do research.13
The avatars items can be updated via the secret api, without an app update
@JS96 seems to be the only person who knows this api (3rd party) since there is a black raven in UWP avatar editor.
@Skayo searching for the api...
@Floydian thanking @trogus
@dfox staying quiet
devRant being an avatar fam.7
When it takes 30 minutes to find a power button in lenovo idea pad.
Whose idea was it to put a power button in bottom left side????5
Am I the only one who, on seeing a post/rant on devRant with 49 or 99 or 149 or 199 existing ++... upvotes it to get it to an even number and then reads it?11
This is how an actual sleek wallpaper looks like....
High-res download : https://github.com/cozyplanes/...
P.S. Go to that link, and you will find some more wallpapers created by cool devRanters!
P.P.S. Made with GIMP11