Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
Get a devDuck
Rubber duck debugging has never been so cute! Get your favorite coding language devDuckBuy Now
Search - "onenote"
Project Cortana: Day 1
I have seen a lot of people switching to Linux or other services to get away from all the data collections. It makes a lot of sense as no one would want their data to be sold without their consent.
But I am going to do something different. My aim is to integrate with Microsoft apps as much as possible and review the experience. So here is what I have done so far:
* Use Cortana in desktop and mobile (Android)
* Use Microsoft launcher in mobile
* Outlook as primary email provider (I was already using them as my default provider)
* Use Microsoft To-Do and calendar to keep track of things
* Use OneDrive to store all my files (I am moving them from Google Drive)
* Use the default Mail app on the Windows 10
* Use Onenote (I was using Evernote before)
* Use Edge on desktop and Mobile
* Use Skype instead of Hangouts
It's day one but I think I have already found it quite useful. For example:
* Adding reminder is much easier. I get them on both desktop and mobile which is nice.
* Mail app has been really useful. Especially the focused inbox really helps to get rid of the clutters. Also, I can immediately add a mail to the calendar (like Inbox by Google) which is really helpful.
* One of the features of edge that I have found really useful is that you can send web pages from mobile to desktop in one tap. That is extremely useful.
So far I am loving it.
Also, I tried to make sure that I am not sharing my data with third-party apps as I have turned off "relevant ads" feature.62
Citizens are advised to store all their passwords into either text files or Google Keep, OneNote, Evernote so that it would come in handy whenever you forget the Password.
Please share this among your family and friends.
Have a nice day :)12
Instead of using OneNote, Evernote, etc I'm thinking of using a git repo where I would write notes, save bookmarks, links, information, everything with markdown.22
One fucking stupid 3 minute task I must take care of...Let us all spend 30 minutes putting it into Google Keep, Outlook calendar, Trello then OneNote..in case we forget....
Wait..I forgot to start my Jira time tracker.
I'll Slack you once it's all done then we can Skype to discuss.
Project Cortana: Day 56
*What I disliked*
Here is the rant where I described the project: https://devrant.io/rants/962190
Where do I start:
1. Skype: Horseshit. Fucking disgrace to chatting apps. Their mobile app feels like someone accidentally shat on android studio and uploaded in play store. Fucking garbage.
But, the desktop app on the other hand is great. Works well but uses a lot of CPU.
2. Edge: The mobile version is great, can't say the same for desktop version. It's definitely a bit slower than Chrome or Quantum. Lack of extensions never bothered me as the most important ones like uBlock, Ghostery and Lastpass is available.
3. Bing: Fuck that useless piece of shit.
4. OneNote: If you could wrap dogshit in a beautiful looking wrapping paper, you would get something similar to OneNote. The desktop app is almost non-fucntional but it is indeed very nice looking.
5. Promotional Apps: Fuck off Micro$oft. As mentioned by others, you get some shitty fucking games pre installed when you install Windows 10. Not only that, in the first couple of hours, it tried to install some further games while it's downloading updates. That is just horrible.
Everthing else was fine so far. The updates never bothered me. I got the "Restart" notification twice and I was able to change the time. It never forced anything on me.10
I'm starting to be really, idk, crazy, but I just can't find anything similar to OneNote, but with SYNC option, for Android and Linux. What do you guys recommend. Already tried Evernote but it's two-devices only limit in free version, nah.5
Now I've seen them all. Ticketing through OneNote. Each email was manually categorized by priority. They got around 20 emails per day. The responses, both from them and from the customers were one below the other, in sort of a forum model. Cool, not taking any more freelance jobs anymore. The money definitely doesn't make up for the amount of stupidity you come across with some people.
ORG Mode for Emacs - Best note taking application ever.
Does anybody else find it better than Evernote, oneNote like I do too ?5
I graduated from my High School last Spring, and since then as a part of a huge overhaul of the education systems, they decided to put the school into the 21st century. The problem? They're doing it all wrong. Every school in the district is acting on its own, making transitions from one grade to another painful. The middle school purchased a cart of iPads despite the fact that Elementary schools use Surface, and the High School uses 2-in-1s. But what makes it worse is the services. The High School used Office365 and OneNote, while the Middle School uses Google Classroom and cloud storage. If the school board wants to make education simpler, modern life, and efficient, the least you could do is have everyone on the same page. Right now, costs are higher, grades are confusing, and efficiency is lower. Each teacher pretty much fends for themselves. I volunteered to help them sort this out by being on the educational committee in charge of the decisions, but I graduated and they felt like they were doing fine. Seriously?1
Microsoft is pissing me off, those idiots are making OneNote an cloud only application.
I use it as a small nice tool to have a bunch of notes on my workstation and a few other PCs in the network, but they have to kill it.
Why woul you even build a desktop app to take notes without the basic functionality of offline notes (or even remove that feature like mycrosoft is doing now)? It seems like they cant imagine that some people might not want their nots to be on someone elses computer all the time...4
Looking for some good software for taking notes and searching through them via PC/mobile app.
So currently I am using Microsoft OneNote.
It's very comfortable to make notes, group them by tabs and then search in all of them at once. After selecting search results, my search matches are highlighted. It's so comfortable!
However by using mobile app I can't search properly. After doing search when I select search results, it just opens a note without highlighting search matches. And I am unable to do any search throughout the page!
Microsoft rep on Microsoft Comunity:
"Unfortunately the option to Find and Replace is not available in OneNote 2010. If this is a feature that you are looking for in future releases of OneNote, be sure to send your feedback."
Huh? Now look at the OneNote manuals entry for search and replace: tinyurl.com/zdynk8o