Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
- Password can't contain less than 3 chars
- Password can't contain more than 12 chars
- Password must contain only alphabetical and numerical chars
- Password must contain at least one uppercase letter
- Password can't contain a sequence of repetitive chars
- You already used this password in the past
- Password can't contain parts of passwords already used in the past
- Password can't contain your name, birthday or any other personal information
- Password can't be an anagram
- This password is too weak
"Remember that you have to update your password every 6 months".
Who the fuck has enough imagination to invent a new password that meets all these requirements every fucking 6 months?
And if so, how the fuck you can also remember it?
Fuck off… I don't really need access to my university account, right? 😡2
I'm so excited about this small little feature I implemented in devRant unofficial UWP.
Can't stop using it… 😅
I hope you'll enjoy it (coming in v2.0.0-beta15 very soon). 😁12
I had spent about 3 months working on a feature for a CAD software in a company where I was an intern.
The day it was ready I commited everything to the main branch and asked a senior dev to check it.
It didn't work… we spent 30 minutes, tried almost eveything, but the software kept crashing (even if "it worked on my machine").
At that point he said "ok, we won't include this feature, it's ok"... even if I worked really hard for months to make it work, I felt so bad.
A few hours later I found out that for all this time I was trying it in debug mode, and a few types of errors were ignored, something which of course wasn't happening in release mode. Worst day in that company.
The reason I wasn't testing it on release mode was the fact the solution was so big it took about 45 minutes to compile it (using IncrediBuild, compiling it using more than 10 machines at the same time), so I always used the debug mode to compile every small change in less than 2 minutes.1
Sometimes in the middle of the night I have awesome design ideas (for logos, UI, etc.), so I wake up, turn on my PC, open Photoshop/Illustrator/XD, and try to reproduce the thought making it a real thing.
Every fucking time the result is garbage…4
100% accurate product description on Google…
Which color of the iPhone 8 do you prefer?
Silver looking as the Fujitsu ESPRIMO Desktop, or Space Gray looking as an HDD? 🤔
Without counting the "Oro Garanzia" (Gold Warranty) looking as Space Gray.4
Can someone explain me why the size of the Facebook app is more than 350 MB on iOS?
And I'm not counting cache e local data (which are more than 50 MB), but only the app.
Any technical explanations?10
When you try to avoid "rants" about GitHub acquired by Microsoft using type filters, but every single category is full of them (even "devRant")… see you next month.1
Today is the 2nd anniversary of devRant unofficial UWP! 😁
Brief summary of the last year:
- A total of 36 updates have been released this year, becoming now 60 in total;
- v2 passed through the closed beta phase with the help of 15 devRanters;
- v2 public beta has been released for everyone;
- The app received (beta) support for Xbox One and Microsoft Hub (becoming available for all the UWP devices: PC, Mobile, HoloLens, Surface Hub, Xbox One);
- The official Issue Tracker on GitHub has been created;
- 35 out of 48 issues/feature requests on the Issue Tracker have been solved;
- The v2 got featured by the official Microsoft Design twitter account;
- The app reached more than 2,000 acquisitions from the Microsoft Store (about 300 active users everyday with an average 20 minutes daily session, ~2.5 sessions per day), +100% since last year;
- Still maintains a solid 4.8 out of 5 average rating on the Microsoft Store (4.9 and even 5.0 in some countries, based on ~300 reviews);
- Softpedia editor has reviewed it 4.5 out of 5, becoming the best devRant client on that website, followed by devRantron (with a solid 4 out of 5);
- Has been featured as "App of the Day" by "myAppFree";
If you're not yet part of the UWP ranters community, download the app now:
Link to the rant for the 1st anniversary with the full story about this app:
You know what is ridiculous?
That another app made by Google for iOS (Google News in this case, but the same problem is present also on Google Tasks, etc.) isn’t correctly responsive...4
Something strange happened the other day… I requested the "free" Community License of Syncfusion (the company that provides a lot of .net, uwp, web, etc. components).
After a few minutes they called me... although I didn't provide my phone number…
I signed up using my LinkedIn account, but there isn't my phone number there… 🤔
I don't remember I've ever shared my phone number anywhere on the internet, but ok… maybe I did in the past.
More than 800+ components for free (if you're not a big company), a really nice offer.
So I decided to send the link to my friend.
He doesn't even have LinkedIn… he created a fucking new account just for that, without any private information about himself.
10 minutes later… they called him. HOW? 😱
We checked our accounts on Syncfusion, created just before that (without writing anything about ourselves, just by clicking on "Sign In"), and they have our addresses… How do they fucking know where I live?
I still can't understand how they did it, my phone number is registered to my father, so they couldn't just search it…
The same day they sent me an email.
I answered it asking "How did you know my phone number?".
They replied: "I got your number because when you downloaded our community license you put your email and phone number.".
I never did it. They didn't ask me anything.
It'll probably remain a creepy mystery… it's really so easy for a company to steal your data, and they really do it so publicly without any problem?8
I created a random website a month ago (a project which took me about 2-3 weeks)... made for developers.
But unfortunately I didn't find anyone interested, just a few users that used it once (ok, I spent nothing for marketing and posted it only on my Twitter and on Product Hunt).
Anyway this is it: https://reviewti.me/
I spent about $4 for the domain, maybe someone will find it useful and it wasn't a waste of time and "money". 😅
Please don't see this as spam, I earn nothing (free website, 0 ads), I created it just for fun and maybe to be a little useful for app developers.
If it isn't for you, just tell me what do you think about it (if you want).
Here we go again… a new update for devRant unofficial UWP blocked by Microsoft because contains "profanity"...
The screenshots which contain """profanity""" (probably bad words are enough to violate the rules) are still the same you can already find in the store, so even without this update they are visible...15