Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "testflight"
I hate people who think that building software is all about one click away and generating things. I got told to complete the task faster than the speed of light.
Fancy me some rant time? Let's name that cunt, "Bob".
Hey Bob, I got questions for you. Are you sure you were in your mum's womb for 8-9 months? Are you the kind of twat who honk at people as soon as the traffic light's turning green?
Building software takes time, the CI/CD takes time, TestFlight takes time, approvals from the Google Play store take time, approvals from Apple App Store connect take time, Unit testing takes time and every fucking thing you can name takes time!
It's just like sex, nobody wants to be with someone who can only last in bed for 0.000000000001 nanoseconds, the longer, the better, (but not too long).
It is also like building houses, which takes months to build not hours. As from my experience so far, something tells me that you are not the kind of person who would understand how to build a house but a sand castle which takes only hours to build.
Relentlessly, you bombarded me with a pile of bollocks and a pile of nonsense is not going to fasten up the compilation of the software.
New AltRant update!
You can join the TestFlight here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/...
- Weekly Group Rants are here! Now you can finally receive news about and take part in Weekly Group Rants through AltRant.
- Updated the SwiftRant library to v2.0, an update that was long time coming. Thanks to @Lensflare's contributions and suggestions for the SwiftRant library, both of us improved the quality of the library by a metric fuck ton, and more improvements are still on their way.
- Downvoting is (still) broken. this issue will be fixed in a later update.
- Some of the layout in the Subscribed feed is a little broken. This will be fixed in a later update.
- The Profile screen's small title flickers in and out of existence under some circumstances. This will be fixed in a later update.30
New AltRant build!
This new build brings the new Subscribed feed to AltRant! This took me quite some time to implement and I hope it will be stable...
Here's the link for those who want to join the TestFlight:
New JoyRant TestFlight build 11:
* Posting Rants
* Improved Notifications Category selection UI with unread indicators (screenshot attached)
Posting this rant from JoyRant right now 😄
The app is now in a state what I consider to be the first major milestone.
There are still features missing (see github https://github.com/WilhelmOks/...) but the most important and most frequently used stuff is done.
I finally returned from my hiatus, I am starting professional college now and I am starting to work a little again on AltRant! The next feature will be weekly rant group support. I am unsure about when it will be released to testers on TestFlight but it will be pretty soon I think.1
A new update was just released to AltRant!
This update features:
- Massive UI responsiveness fixes and enhancements, including many fixes for UI bugs, fixes and things that needed tweaking
- A COMPLETE overhaul of all devRant API methods (a switch to my new library, SwiftRant)
- Progress with Android compatibility (replaced incompatible libraries for compliance with Mutata)
- Enhanced security with the Keychain
Here’s the link to join again:
It is day 4 since I started trying to export my Flutter app for iOS. I am finally at TestFlight point.
JoyRant build 14:
New big feature: User Profiles!
You know how it works: Tap on a user and it will open the Profile View with all of the related user info and functions.
Only "Subscribe to User" is missing but it will be added later.
* Support for other image types like WEBP for upload
* Fixed notification badge autoupdate
* Improved Notifications View by not blocking when switching categories
* and many other improvements in functionality and style
Next big Feature will be weekly rant topics.4
I had to rename my unofficial devRant client SwiftUIRant due to some concerns from Apple regarding the term Swift in the app name. 🙄
Well, it’s JoyRant now. 😁
And there is a new test version in TestFlight:
* External links in rants and comments open the URL in the browser.
* Rant links in rants and comments open the rant in the app.
Enjoy testing and let me know what you think about the app! ☺️6
I just released a new version of AltRant for TestFlight users, it’s supposed to fix most issues about the home feed layout. All testers are asked to update and test.
JoyRant new version:
* delete rant
* selectable text in rants and comments
* proper badge on Notifications tab, showing number of unread notifications!
* mention suggestions for comments!
Here is a screenshot of the mention suggestions above the keyboard:
It collects all the user names from the comments, except for the user of the rant’s author and the logged in user.
Have fun 😄
I think posting rants will be next.12
Note to AltRant testers:
1. Tomorrow, I am going to force-expire build 1583 (the big update with the weekly group rant support) in favor of the build with the bugfix (mentioned here: https://devrant.com/rants/5888282) for consistency and for more up-to-date crash reports/feedback.
2. Limited macOS support is coming extremely soon, I will post a comment here in order to notify you about the added support. I believe the same TestFlight link is going to work for both macOS and iOS. NOTE: I haven't invested too much time with polishing the experience for macOS, so there will be bugs, there will be layout glitches and there will be compromises. I am well aware of all macOS issues but I just want to release something and then fix it along the way.1
Finally got SwiftUIRant into TestFlight:
This first version supports rant feed, notifications, ++/—, and commenting, essentially.
Posting rants and uploading images will be in the next major version.
I will also add proper notification badges later. For now it’s just text. A star (*) indicates unread notification categories.
I’m curious for your feedback 😄
I can build my .aab, upload it, have it approved, and release it on Google Play before my stupid .apk IS EVEN DONE PROCESSING ON APP STORE CONNECT
WHAT ARE YOU DOING APPLE FIX YOUR STUPID S3 BUCKET OR WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING WITH THE BUILD THAT IT TAKES SO LONG TO EVEN GET IT IN TESTFLIGHT AAAAAAAAAA9
JoyRant build 16 after some development pause.
Added "Subscribe to User" function in a User’s Profile.
Fixed links which are at the end of a rant or comment. The devRant link system is very weird.
I plan to implement the weekly stuff next.
JoyRant new TestFlight build 10
Images and gifs are fully functional now! 😄
* Images can be tapped to be shown in fullscreen, zoomable and can be saved
* Gif animations can be uploaded and played in fullscreen
* updating notifications when app becomes active
Kinda weird posting it directly after @OmerFlame but…
JoyRant has image upload now.
With image preview. Great idea, no worries about uploading your dick pics by accident, now. Forgot the name of the guy who suggested it 😄
And there is a macOS version in TestFlight, too.
Thanks to @OmerFlame for SwiftRant, btw! 😄1