Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "upper case"
Obvious wisdom from me;
1. HR is not your friend. HR is created to protect companies from employees, not to protect employees from companies. HR serve the company and upper level management.
2. If you are victim of mobbing, keep a mobbing diary with exact quoting. Nothing more, nothing less, no speculation. Create an airtight case for future.
3. If you want to change because of mobbing, just find a new job. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT talk to HR about mobbing before you got another job offer at the ready.
4. Present HR with mobbing diary during your exit, imply that you will talk to CEO and take legal actions if you don't get a satisfactory last laugh on the mobber.
5. Do not accept counter-offer from your company-regardless of mobbing case or not. You considered switching to another company, you are branded now and you will be axed at the first chance. Counter-offer is not a guaranteed employment in your company.10
Over the course of a few months I have concluded that the newly hired _experienced_ developer is… not so experienced. In fact, it is very unclear what he/she actually brings to the table at all.
How this individual actually got hired is proof that middle management has no clue of what they are doing. And it is poison to the organization. Bad management (middle/semi-upper in this case) is such a waste. More so than the newly hired incompetent developer. I am beginning to think she/he actually lied during the interviews. And I am not alone in my suspicions.
Imagine that I have written 1000 lines of code and imported many libraries. Sometimes I get confused when trying to use a name I defined earlier. In my mind is this name a class or a method, is it a local or global variable, is this a constant. So I came up with a way and it totally works, although my ide complains, but who cares, I use it anyway.
I use PascalCase for class.
camelCase for methods.
snake_case or lowercase for global variables.
kebab-case I don't use this
UPPER_CASE for constants
snake_caseL or lowercaseL with a capital letter L at the ending for local variable.
I hope this is helpful 😊🤔11