Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "future self"
* Recruiter says he has a nice proposition
* I say that I'm not comfortable switching jobs yet, but I'd be up for a short phone interview to hear him out, out of pure interest
* Recruiter explains a lot about the company, and then asks if I am up for "a short Teams introduction with the team lead to hear more"
* I say yes, though still stating that I do not intend on switching, but want to know more in case of a future possibility
* Recruiter says I need to send my full CV / Resumé plus grades from every school I ever intended (including the early ones that doesn't even matter)
* I say no since 1) I'd have to dig them out from the basement, 2) I am not looking for a job right now, and 3) This request is absurd to me, and NOT a norm in my part of the world when I am not applying.
* He says I HAVE to, since I could be lying
(I am mostly self-taught and have very little actual education, so this logic made NO sense to me)
* I continue to say no, stating that it's simply not worth the time finding the old grades in the basement for a job I will not be taking, and that I am mostly self-taught so grades wouldn't matter
* He starts getting angry, accusing me of "purposefully wasting his time", and says he'll warn the company about me.
Fair point. I'll warn my contacts about you then. Have a nice day, you f*cking prick :)3
How to avoid death from Covid 19 and vaccines, a hypothesis to explain my near death experience and what to expect for the future, by a concerned citizen.
The important variables at play:
My weight = 220lb, overweight by 50lb say.
My muscle mass = very low, I can lift 25lb.
My age = 50+
Blood pressure = High, but not quite high enough to need treatment, on the edge.
Diabetic condition = Not.
Now lets introduce 3 Covid 19 vaccinations.
1st, no real effects to worry us.
2nd, no real effects to worry us.
3rd... bad effects..
I ponder, was the 3rd shot, maybe from a more potent batch, hadn't deteriorated in transit as much as the previous 2 ?
Did I also catch another version of Covid 19 at the same time ?
Was my fairly rare variables the result of which I now appear to have diabetic symptoms..
Has this damaged me enough that it won't just get better on its own, and my options are to, lose weight, gain muscle mass, and perhaps try a fasting diet ( Shown to work in mice.. ) in an effort to regrow my insulin-producing cells ?
So for those of you out there like me, suggestions:
Gain muscle mass.
Self isolate 4 weeks before vaccine, and 4 weeks afterwards.
Try to be at the back of the queue for vaccines so yours has aged a bit and isn't quite so potent.
I have this habit of whenever I run up against an issue at work programming-wise (a step definition doesn’t behave the way I think it should, I have an error in the console when I attempt to do something and have to work out how to clear the error, etc.), I document the issue and the solution somewhere in the Slack.
This serves two purposes: discoverability for others who might run into that issue later and DISCOVERABILITY FOR MYSELF WHEN I INEVITABLY ENCOUNTER THE SAME ISSUE.1
so i think i have grown into a lazy ass and joined a company that's currently okay with a lazy ass , and i feel am looking at a big future doom.
its been 3 weeks in the company, i have got to know the product a little, but didn't contributed at all in it, i got a task of testing the sdk which i have been doing for quite some time, and have gained a personal growth of 0%
i have become such a lazy/anxious ass that i can't seem to get out of my office environment to read something that will improve me. i feel bad when i don't know how website, backend , cloud or certain android stuff works but since thw pressure to know them is coming from nowhere , i don't even try reading about them.
sometimes i feel worried that if someone asked me why i was reading something else in office hours the i won't be able to reply ( even though we don't have any official office hours and mthe company says they "only care about the task being completed") but most of the times its just... the lack of motivation to not pick that up. ironically i am watching movies or sleeping during my self defined office hours but not doing anything productive
maybe i have become more inclined towards money. so much so that i might not pick anything up if i am not being paid for it
any tips to come out of this hell hole? i feel like maybe doing some freelance projects would help but am scared shit to think of what will happen of my current employer finds out