Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "retro"
sprint retros with PM are a fucking farce, it cannot possibly get any more grotesque.
they are held like this:
- in the meeting, PM asks each team member directly what they found good and bad
- only half of the team gives real negative feedback directed towards the PM or the process, because they are intimidated or just not that confrontative
- when they state a bad point, he explains them that their opinion is just wrong or they just need to learn more about the scrum process, in any case he didn't do anything wrong and he is always right
- when people stand up against this behavior, he bullshits his way out, e.g. using platitudes like "it's a learning process for the whole team", switching the topic, or solely repeating what he had just said, acting like everybody agreed on this topic, and then continue talking
- he writes down everything invisible for the team
- after the meeting he mostly remembers sending a mail to the team which "summarizes" the retro. it contains funny points like "good: living the agile approach" (something he must have obviously hallucinated during the meeting)
- for each bad point from team members, he adds a long explanation why this is wrong and he is doing everything right and it's the team's fault
- after that happens the second part of the retro, where colleagues from the team start arguing with him via mail that they don't feel understood or strongly disagree with his summary. of course he can parry all their criticism again, with his perfectly valid arguments, causing even longer debates
- repeated criticism of colleagues about poor retro quality and that we might want to use a retro tool, are also parried by him using arguments such as "obviously you still have to learn a lot about the scrum process, the agile manifesto states 'individuals and interactions over processes and tools', so using a tool won't improve our sprint retros" and "having anonymous feedback violates the principles of scrum"
- when people continue arguing with him, he writes them privately that they are not allowed to criticize or confront him.
i must say, there is one thing that i really like about PM's retro approach:
you get an excellent papertrail about our poor retro quality and how PM tries to enforce his idiocratic PM dictatorship on the team with his manipulative bullshit.
independently from each other, me and my colleague decided to send this papertrail to our boss, and he is veeeery interested.
so shit is hitting the fan, and the fan accelerates. stay tuned シ16
so management decided that the PM/PO/SM role has to be split and that SM shall be done by someone else.
PM in retro: so i will give away this role because i cannot fulfill all roles adequately, not because of missing skills, but because of missing time. this is also why i couldn't finish my development task for this sprint. so, someone of you guys has to do the job. i expect the future SM to be always available for me in the morning and the afternoon, so due to timezone shift this has to be someone from the German colleagues. I will have to explain to that person what exactly I as a PO expect from the SM and the SM will have to follow this guideline. also, being SM is no excuse for not delivering your stories, it just takes very little time.
...i don't need to comment on this at all, he already makes a perfect clown of himself 🤡7
"Here's the sprint, it's well defined. fullstackchris, can you do this in two weeks?"
"Hmmm... nice work, looks well defined. It'll be tough, but sure, I can do it two weeks!"
Two days before sprint ends:
"Can we quickly duplicate n number of features from apps with literal armies of devs like whatsapp, airbnb, and Instagram?!?!?! We NEED these features to be polished and work perfectly!"
Scope creep will be my ONLY feedback in this retro.2
First experience with a PC....
It would have been the Commodore64 and those giant 5.25" floppies, ah those were the days with CRT TV's.
Watching a friend load up Tetris on that big screen was eye opening for a 8-9 Year old.
so im trying to build this old retro-box for some game testing...and ohhhhhh myyyy godddd
first of all - winxp is dead lol. browsers wont install, GPU driver doesnt work, some exes say they arent valid win32 bc idfk, old. found k-melon, some crusty offshoot of firefox i think and very um...gnu, lets call it gnu.
just getting a usb install was the worst part. ofc...no linux way to make a simple usb bootable from iso. dd is a no go, unetbootin psh ya right never works, others are more or less a cluster. finally say fuk it, boot a vm and do windows rufus...well that vm has no ad block. that site alone was atrocious. small middle section where the site is with ads NSEW. and then click the download..yep, another - wait still another ad. ffs you already have 50 on the page youre gona throw more at me for clicking download? all this to get something that aint gona work. 7 aint gona work, so ig 10 maybe? idfk what for...if the shit works well at all.
but between that and fone woes ive had. idk how everyone deals with the shit the world of tech has become. jesus-fuking-christ. want to cfg a mouse/keyboard? nope sry use windows tool. fu ill roll my own tyvm qmk. you want to show someone a 10sec video? nope watch a minute ad, that's broken, and repeats forever. you want to see a simple web page? NOBUYMYTHINGANDSTUFFINYOURFACE - fuk off
and earlier today someone mentioned that plugins are changing and some anti-ad ppl say it's gg...dude...fuk this proprietary world. it's just all garbage. im only really still in society's game for the tech, and you know what i just really dont care that much anymore5