Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "weekly rant"
New AltRant update!
You can join the TestFlight here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/...
- Weekly Group Rants are here! Now you can finally receive news about and take part in Weekly Group Rants through AltRant.
- Updated the SwiftRant library to v2.0, an update that was long time coming. Thanks to @Lensflare's contributions and suggestions for the SwiftRant library, both of us improved the quality of the library by a metric fuck ton, and more improvements are still on their way.
- Downvoting is (still) broken. this issue will be fixed in a later update.
- Some of the layout in the Subscribed feed is a little broken. This will be fixed in a later update.
- The Profile screen's small title flickers in and out of existence under some circumstances. This will be fixed in a later update.30
Idea for Weekly Rant - What have you developed that you're most proud of?😁
Idea for Dev Rant in General - Ability to add and message friends. Groups or Communities to join and chat. 👫3
so... not really a rant because i'm happy to be in the long-term zenlike state where i don't really give a fuck about anything anymore, but...
so today's my birthday (thanks in advance for all the semi-mandatory "cheers" reactions and such)
the agency i do temp jobs through sends money weekly (for the one week back) (which is the main and only reason i use them). they arrive at friday 12:25, so that's when i know to go "check" by withdrawing it, and it's also awesome because it's the best time to provide funds to reward myself (by booze/weed) at the end of the week.
last week, nothing came in. i called them and learned it was due to the contact person in the company i did job in being too late on sending the agency list of people who showed up at the work, i was told it's gonna arrive one week later together with the proper payment for the week-1,so effectively i was one week without any money (literally), but on the next week double was going to arrive, which is nice.
that next week of double was now. i found out that no double arrived, only single-value payment. i called them to ask why.
i was told that what arrived was the late payment, and the dude in company was again late with sending the presence list, so the other payment, for the proper week's work, will be a week late again.
so... that kinda ruined my financial planning tor tge week that's going to happen.
i guess my point (if i have any) is... funny how when someone fucks up, there's nobody for me to be angry at and hold responsible in any way, but when i have delays in my work due to delays upstream, nobody gives a shit about my excuses and it's my fault and i should have compensated, it was my responsibility and duty, and me not doing it (to my own detriment, for someone else) is me failing.
funny how the subjective dynamics of the world always somehow works out in a way where everyone else fucks up and i either have to suck it up and be okay with it otherwise i'm a selfish unreliable entitled asshole, or suck it up and extinguish their fire for them, otherwise i'm a selfish unreliable entitled asshole XD
anyone else noticed this in their life?
how does it work? what is the factor that decides whether you're in the "suck it up" class or the "fuck it, someone else will suck it up" class?
doesn't seem to (just) be the money(flow), i've seen this thing happen even in situations where the money/client dynamics were flowing the opposite way to what would be natural for the shit fall direction.4
Weekly Group Rant suggestion: What anti-pattern exists that still keeps being propagated or infecting other areas of your code base (like a virus)?
Code samples/screen-shots required.13
JoyRant build 17:
I’ve added the Weekly stuff to the app:
Browse weekly group rants and see the weekly topic of a rant.
Have fun 😊
I feel like a "confess your sins" weekly rant would be on point.
Doesn't even have to be coding sins.3
I finally returned from my hiatus, I am starting professional college now and I am starting to work a little again on AltRant! The next feature will be weekly rant group support. I am unsure about when it will be released to testers on TestFlight but it will be pretty soon I think.1
JoyRant build 14:
New big feature: User Profiles!
You know how it works: Tap on a user and it will open the Profile View with all of the related user info and functions.
Only "Subscribe to User" is missing but it will be added later.
* Support for other image types like WEBP for upload
* Fixed notification badge autoupdate
* Improved Notifications View by not blocking when switching categories
* and many other improvements in functionality and style
Next big Feature will be weekly rant topics.4
Note to AltRant testers:
1. Tomorrow, I am going to force-expire build 1583 (the big update with the weekly group rant support) in favor of the build with the bugfix (mentioned here: https://devrant.com/rants/5888282) for consistency and for more up-to-date crash reports/feedback.
2. Limited macOS support is coming extremely soon, I will post a comment here in order to notify you about the added support. I believe the same TestFlight link is going to work for both macOS and iOS. NOTE: I haven't invested too much time with polishing the experience for macOS, so there will be bugs, there will be layout glitches and there will be compromises. I am well aware of all macOS issues but I just want to release something and then fix it along the way.1
JoyRant build 16 after some development pause.
Added "Subscribe to User" function in a User’s Profile.
Fixed links which are at the end of a rant or comment. The devRant link system is very weird.
I plan to implement the weekly stuff next.
Does the weekly rant page have some kind of off-by-one error? It seems to always display the last week's posts on mondays.5
Well this weekly rant topic comes a few weeks to soon....
Ah what the hell, my most successful dev project is hopefully this: https://codeglass.io
Why: well that is why this topic comes to soon, I can't disclose anymore than there is on the website for now, release will hopefully be this month.
It is pretty awesome. It deserves to be called next generation.