Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "ducks"
dad to uncle: you know, my son is a programmer
uncle to me: what do you do son, as a programmer
me: catch bugs
uncle( thinking ): 🐞🐞🐝🐝
uncle: I hope you find a better job in the future!!1
I haven't been here for a long while but I wanted to peek in because of the dev ducks, cause I thought they would be a great gift for someone and now I found out they're sold out - my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
But now I decided I'm just gonna buy. a rubber duck and DIY it.1
How we used to treat our computers back around 2000-2010 when they don't respond.
SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP !!
SLAP THE MONITOR !!2
In what programming language, you love to code the most?
edge case: if you don't love to code, then skip the question13
Which Linux distribution is suitable for programming and development purposes?
I am going to use Linux for the first time. I usually worked on windows and macOS.14
Just hovering through some CSS. that's when I encountered this CSS stuff:
box-shadow: 0 0 20px gold;
Somebody, please lemme know what those first two 0's signify?3
Okay, lemme be honest today...
So, I don't know HOW TO CODE IN BINARY.
Looking for some tutorial on Binary coding.
I had been assigned a task to create a cross-platform desktop application that keeps track of the expiry of a certain product and notify in real-time.
So, my journey to create such an application starts today and the list below describes the first few hours.
5. Google/Are electron.js applications platform independent
6. Google/Dart for desktop applications
7. Google/Is dart cross-platform
8. Google/Best desktop application framework
9. Google/Python for desktop app development
10. Freecodecamp/How to build your first desktop application in python
12. Google/Which is the best technology to build cross-platform desktop application
13. Google/Cross-platform desktop app development for windows mac and linux
14. Udemy / cross platform desktop app development for windows mac and linux
15. Youtube/ electron desktop app, demo
16. Youtube/ electron.js is obsolete
18. Youtube/ neutralinojs tutorial
19. Google/Neutralinojs or electronjs
21. Google/Math.js/JS Bin
22. Google/Cannot find package “math.js”
23. StackOverFlow/How do I resolve “cannot find module” error using Node.js
24. Google/ is it better to install npm packages locally
25. Quora/ why should you stop installing NPM packages globally
26. Google/ what is nvm
27. Google/nvm version check
28. Stackoverflow/node version management on windows
29. Github/coreybutler/nvm-windows: a nvm for windows. Ironically written in Go
30. Google/how to uninstall a npm package
31. Npm docs/uninstalling packages and dependencies
33. Youtube/how to install electronjs
34. Youtube/electronjs in 100s(fireship.io)
35. Roryok.com/electronjs memory usage compared to other cross-platform frameworks
36. Google/is electronjs memory hungry
37. Youtube/sql in one hour
38. Youtube/learn sql in 60 mins
39. Geeksforgeeks/connect mysql with node app
40. Stackoverflow/How to return to previous directory using cmd
41. Stackoverflow/how to require using const
42. Geeksforgeeks/difference between require and es6 import and export
TO BE CONTINUED...1
I tried Kotlin for a week. And I literally gave up. Hey, fellow Kotlin devs, what fun do you get in writing this short f**king syntactically unmatched java code!5
when you're at the end of December 2021, and less than an hour left for a new year to come.
"Aw!! I thought it's still January 2021"
Did it ever happen with you that you came across a coding question( DSAlgo ) around 3-4 years ago, but you still failed to solve it to this day?