Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "wth??!"
I get a call from a client at 7 PM:
- Client: We have a business partner that just visited the website you just made for us and he said it was absolutely terrible, things are not showing up, layout is all messed up... *sends photo*. This is a VERY important new business partner and this will affect our relationship and image. Fix it NOW!
- Me: ok? I will check ... *proceed to check on several browsers and versions*
- Me: I checked on all modern browsers, cleaned cache, tried from multiple devices, it seems to be fine. What browser is your partner visiting the site from?
- Client: Idk, let me ask ...
- Client: Internet Explorer
- Me: ... that browser is not even supported anymore wth?!
- Client: We need it fixed!
- Me: ... *proceeds and hacks for IE website until 6 AM*7
Just had a discussion with a coworker. I noticed he was storing dates as string in mongodb, saying it was better for comparison and because he stored them in UTC. WTH, mongo already stores all dates in UTC and a string date is imposible to compare. I wasted 8 hours finding that last part out.6
Dev: Woah look at this code! I might be a genius!
Also dev a few months later: Woah WTH is this shit? Was I totally dumb or what?2
Bad dev habit…
I am still learning like super fresh —
Second week of class.
But I am also looking at things and getting overwhelmed because I’m like idk wth that is.
But when I end up learning it —
I’m like ohhhh!!
I just overthink everything !!!8