Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "dates"
So they finally implemented vaccination certificates here that are apparently "WHO recognized" and you can generate it online. We used to only have vaccination cards. Guess what?
1. There's a data privacy section that's supposed to be step 1 but when you load the page, you're on step 2 where you have to enter your details. Step 1 is not clickable, you advanced child! You're skipping grades, congrats.
2. They have questions that can be answered with "yes" or "no", the question itself is a drop-down and wait, clicking it opens a dialog box that has two radio buttons for "yes" or "no". Amazin'.
3. Some words are capitalized for no fucking reason. It's so random, it makes you wonder if such entities exist and you just don't know about them.
4. There's minimal validation for the dates and even the bare minimum doesn't make sense.
5. You have to enter each detail in perfect order, otherwise it will assume you didn't enter anything.
6. Some of the fields are required but it allows you to proceed anyway. Well, it's your fault, get fucked.
7. Their version of CAPTCHA is literally a dialog box with random texts on it. TEXTS. If you enter it wrong, it doesn't generate a new one so take your time, dear. You'll get it right.
8. When it tells you that you did something wrong (rare), it flashes a black box at the top of the page that says "Oops, that's incorrect!" A literal fucking high school project.
9. When you finally reach the last page, it proudly informs you that they have successfully looked you up except your name is wrong. You know it's you from the first and last name, the date of birth, the vaccine brand, the vaccination site, time, and date. For some reason, the middle name is wrong and it's not a matter of "John" and "Jhon" or "Louise" and "Louis". They got the first two syllables right, removed one, and made up the few others. HOW?
I remember going to the vaccination site and seeing the brand new tablets they struggle to use. They even have keyboards and some slick leatherette casing for each. There's not a single scratch on those things. They have the best of the best tools while typing with one hand. Okay, maybe it's not the best tool but it's ages away from the typical pen and paper oops-i-lost-it system they had before. I chastised myself for being a cunt. "Come on, they're trying."
This is where our taxes go. High end tools for the damn fools. Even the website, just like every other government website, looks like a high school student's project. I thought the last bullshit I'll ever see was that stupid OTP crap that doesn't actually send you an OTP, it just writes the numbers on the textbox and all you have to do is press the OK button.
God have mercy.2