Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "dont"
Some recruiter just reached out on LinkedIn to talk about a job opportunity with me.
I suggested he give me an idea of the pay range before i proceed and talk to anyone in the company so we dont waste eachothers time.
He said they can realistically pay X/month.
I explained that X is less than half my current salary (Y) so i wont proceed with this.
He replied by saying "oh nice, thats a great salary for your experience"
WTF is that supposed mean? did the bitch say im underqualified to get paid my current salary?11
Monthly Update call
Me : I need 2 undivided weeks in the next 3 months to make some refactoring to our codebase, so we dont have issues in scaling.
Senior Manager (with years of tech experience almost equal to my age) :
Why would we need that, We are already hosted on AWS so we can just spin up more instances.
Me ( trying to hold the rage inside) : No it doesnt work that way, that will only hurt us more than help.
Him : What if we try with a bigger instance size. Its AWS, sure they will have a bigger instance.
Me : No, tha....
Him : (cuts me off) How about we use autoscaling and let AWS decide
Me : (Silently praying for a gun that shots across video calls.)8
Well, just got laid off. My 2 cents: Dont open recruitment sites at work, even an email in your personal inbox.
The worst part is they took the first blow before I quit, and it fucking hurts.13
i feel like a fucking failure, I am so tired of programming, i dont even like it anymore, and all my coworkers are programmer gods. I feel like a burden. Part of it might be imposter syndrome but for the most part its true.11
"my greatest fear in life is my best not being good enough."
Currently, I am building my second business around blockchain.
I am stacking on using the popularity of cryptocurrency and it's novelty to push the product universal.
My limitation (what I think):
1. My environment - unfortunately I live in a third world country
2. Naivety: I have never scaled a business, failed in my first attempt(this is my second).
3. Lack of fund: my budget is pretty low, and no I dont have a family support to raise any for marekting and promoting the business, so I am let with option of scaling it organically ( what "organically" means is spamming social media, forum's comments section to grow customers
4. Really the only option present: most folks here wont know what it means to be in a state of "survival", failing will cause you suffering.
5. Poor network: My friends, or the people around dont understand, cant comprehen what this means.
1. I get to know what it means to carry your idea to the world again, this I hope will improve my knowledge base on business and make me less naive.
2. Portfolio boost: "wow!" that should be people's reaction when I tell them about the project.
3. If I succed, I hope the incentive will take me out of this shit hole.
4. I really want to get out of this shit hole - this should work!
i just want to say i dont like material ui because customizing it is so painful . bootstrap is so much breeze to work with.