Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "poor"
the new job is coming up with utter shittyness and I don't care if that's even a word
- tomorrow is my LWD in current job. next week, i will be doing work for a company whose sdk my current company's code uses, with which i interact on daily basis. today a bug came in most trivial usecase of that sdk, and i was totally lost. i had 0 fucking clues regarding why that happened, and this is the company that am about to work with, from consumer to being a developer :/
- today my dad had a heated argument with his boss and maybe about to lose their job. at the very delightful time, when the only other source of income for the family , i.e me , is on a thin thread from the finances point of view.
- my relatives came yesterday. we are a small family of 3 (+2 cats out of which 1 is physically handicapped) with a very busy life and a very tiny house. and when suddenly 6 more fat asses squeezed themselves in, one of my cat got scared and ran to the terrace. its more than 24 hours since that fiasco, and my poor boy hasn't returned :"""( . He is a baby kitten, just 11 months old
my mood is now below the deepest points in sea level. hope y'all are doing good3
One of our team mates is based out of the US office. We are physically distant, but after our manager's departure, we lost touch because our scope of work was different.
Me and two other team members work closely with each other from India and dude is alone, working out of the US.
Super smart, very polite, and a fun person to work and be with. Even when our interaction was less, I learnt so much from him.
Since, I am facing some challenges, I decide to use it as an excuse to connect with him for a coffee and also seek his guidance because he is senior to me.
Some things he mentioned,
1. Our new line manager asks him to do things on spot with no heads up. He has to drop everything and complete the ask.
2. Often times, poor guy, is asked to join meetings on immediate basis. Even while he is having his lunch.
3. He never got support from our new manager. Infact, based on the conversation, I realised that the manager supports me more.
4. He is facing same, if not more, issues with tech. And he didn't have any guidance on how to handle the issue.
5. A lot of times he is facing process and system problems which he isn't able to solve because the org culture is that of working in Silos. And he doesn't get any support from manager.
6. Tech has clearly pushed him back when he asked for help and other teams never respond to him.
My man was still smiling bright and was looking things from a positive lens that all of this is interesting and adds to the learning experience which will be valued when we decide to move on from this job.
These are the people who inspire me. Smiling in the time of adversity.
Even when he had his own challenges, he was ready to guide me and hear my frustrations. I offered him help and will make sure to stay connected so he doesn't feel left out and alone in the team only because we don't work together in physical space.
One thing I have learned over time is, while I am facing problems, someone out there is facing more and difficult problems then me. I always tend to blow up my problems out of proportion then what they actually are.
I am the dumbest person that I know and mark my words, I'll die because of my empathy. I wish I could help my team mate in any possible way.2
Found out that a pervert from my gf’s highschool took a bunch of screenshots of her Instagram (bikini pictures, etc.) and posted them to the r/breeding and other fucked up subreddits even though she was only 16/17 in the photos
We notified the uni he goes too and nothing happened. We noticed the police of his hometown and they said they couldn’t do anything because he was currently at his uni
He then claimed it was a rumor and it wasn’t him even though the Reddit account that posted it had a previous post that directly connected the Reddit account to his Instagram account and the Reddit account mentioned had a post that mentioned his home town
My poor gf is now having panic attacks bc this motherfucker wanted to jerk his tiny dick off with his retard friends bc they were rejected by her in highschool
It’s taking so much effort not to send him some phishing emails and empty his fucking bank account26
Whenever I see an ORM that supports creating and transforming objects in bulk, I can't help but think about the poor misdirected users who forced it to do that. It's an Object-Relational Mapper. It maps objects. The whole concept isn't designed for bulk operations, the point is that you add logic to each and every record and convert your operations to SQL so that you never have to keep a lot of them in memory.4
"my greatest fear in life is my best not being good enough."
Currently, I am building my second business around blockchain.
I am stacking on using the popularity of cryptocurrency and it's novelty to push the product universal.
My limitation (what I think):
1. My environment - unfortunately I live in a third world country
2. Naivety: I have never scaled a business, failed in my first attempt(this is my second).
3. Lack of fund: my budget is pretty low, and no I dont have a family support to raise any for marekting and promoting the business, so I am let with option of scaling it organically ( what "organically" means is spamming social media, forum's comments section to grow customers
4. Really the only option present: most folks here wont know what it means to be in a state of "survival", failing will cause you suffering.
5. Poor network: My friends, or the people around dont understand, cant comprehen what this means.
1. I get to know what it means to carry your idea to the world again, this I hope will improve my knowledge base on business and make me less naive.
2. Portfolio boost: "wow!" that should be people's reaction when I tell them about the project.
3. If I succed, I hope the incentive will take me out of this shit hole.
4. I really want to get out of this shit hole - this should work!
Has anyone used advertising agencies like admob, AdSense etc in their websites or apps and anyone have great success stories to share with them? I get it "depends on the app or website" but I wanna know if anyone has managed to get a decent amount of monthly earnings from it.3