Do all the things like ++ or -- rants, post your own rants, comment on others' rants and build your customized dev avatarSign Up
From the creators of devRant, Pipeless lets you power real-time personalized recommendations and activity feeds using a simple APILearn More
Search - "encryption"
Boss activates encryption on dashboard
we installed the software
2 machines get locked out coz drive got encrypted with bitlocker
No one received the 48 bit key from bitlocker
I loose all my work coz the only way to use my laptop was to format the drive
Me as the technical guy and knowing how encryption works i just formatted the drive
Boss blames me for the cluster fuck8
Vivaldi browser is shit.
Simple isntructions on how to make most shitty browser ever:
1. Force users to use "really-fucking-long" password that will not match to any of their existing ones.
2. Invent some useless stupid "encryption password" (why does any normal browser work fine without that shit) and most ridiculous - automatically set it to be the same as the main password.
3. Of course you forget the pass you set because you dont remember what symbol you added 5 times in the end of your normal pass to fit their stupid rules.
4. You have to reset it
5. "Encryption password" does not reset with it, so you still dont remember it
6. Sync is not working!
7. If you think this is shitty enought, you are not right - they went futher. To reset that fucking "encryption password" you have to... ERASE ALL YOUR CLOUD DATA.
Fucking retarded piece of shit - never, never trust those morons who made this shit browser to sync any of your sensitive information.17
You know when I think back to the ideas I've had and the things I've worked on. I'm having difficulty, with the exception of certain far out projects that were like unattainable, in thinking of anything I've done or thought of that does not involve: data visualization, data gathering, encryption/obfuscation, inventory/storage and/or communication.
am I just unimaginative ?
I did have an idea for a code translator and how it would work and what interfaces you'd have to adopt and how you'd attack implementing things that don't translate well like c++ to js for example. or c++ to c# for that matter ! but I never got far into it. though that would have been attainable as long as you had easy ways of generating bindings.
i mean pathing and navigation were things I thought of too but... that would pretty much be implementing someone else's stuff4